As most of you know, October is "Adopt a Shelter Pet" month!! I don't know about your house, but our Mama is not allowed to bring anymore animals home from the Animal Shelter for awhile. Since we can't adopt a new animal, we were searching for something we COULD do for the animals and came up with this cool idea!!!
We will be holding a Blog Hop Fundraiser on Halloween Eve through November 1st (Friday through Sunday). and we will be donating $1 for everyone who links up to the hop with your Halloween post letting us know how you have helped a shelter near you! That's right, just show us how you are enjoying Halloween and how you helped (or are going to help) a shelter near you and link up to the hop.
Here are some ideas for helping:
First of all, if you are looking for a new pet, consider adopting a Shelter Pet!!
1. It is starting to get cold outside, gather up and donate any old blankies, towels and sheets to your local shelter.
2. Next time your Mama is buying you foodables, ask her to buy an extra bag (or a few extra cans) to donate to your local shelter.
3. Do you have a toy maybe you didn't like, but some other doggy might, put it in a pile to donate to a shelter.
4. Many shelters have "wish lists" on their websites. Check and see if your shelter has one and see if there is anything you or your peeps might have around the house you can donate.
5. Do you know about Amazon Smile? Every time you make an eligible purchase from Amazon Smile a portion of the proceeds goes to the charity of your choice. Click HERE to learn more!
6. One of the ways we are helping is by donating $1 for every link to the Treats for Shelters Blog Hop along with 50 cents for every comment here at Dory's Backyard from October 30th through November 1st to the Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter (where we adopted Arty and Jakey).
You don't HAVE to post a silly dress up picture for Halloween on your Hop post either, just a picture or description of you enjoying the season!!
Grab one of our badges and help spread the word so we can get lots and lots of people to join us. The more people we tell, the more Shelter animals we can help!!!