Today we are handing over the keyboard to Mama so she can take part in the 2016
Pet Blogger Challenge!
Take it away Mama!
Thanks Pups and thanks to Amy at Take Paws for hosting this event again in 2016!
1.How long have you been blogging? And, for anyone who is visiting for the first time, please give a quick description of the subject of your blog.
Dory's Backyard has been up and running since 2009. Through the eyes of the pack, we see the day to day fun they have both in our actual lives and in the interactive blogging community of Blogville!
2. What is the one thing that you accomplished during 2015, either on your blog or because of it, that made you most proud?
Being a part of a team of Bloggers who are planning a group meet of fellow "Blogville" residents "in the furs" during the summer of 2016.
3. Which of your blog posts was your favorite this year and why? (Please include a link.)
I have tons of favorites, the series of posts chronicling a "Girls Trip" with Dory was my favorite to write but Treats for Shelters was the most rewarding. Of course, all of the Blogville events we hosted are also right up there in the top ten too!
4. A common theme from last year’s challenge was that many of us wanted to increase the size of our audiences. Whether or not we intend to monetize our blogs, it seems we’d all like to reach more people. It feels good to know that we’re connecting with others, sharing a laugh or supporting a cause, and it’s motivating to see those numbers grow! What is one thing you’ve done in the past year that has brought more traffic to your blog?
5. Which of your blog posts got the most traffic this year? Why do you think it was so popular? (Please include a link.)
Jammie Time is our top post, a Blogville event from last January. I find Blogville events to be our top visited posts. Community involvement is key to Dory's Backyard
6. What is one blog that you read religiously – other than your own – and what makes you such a devoted reader? (Please include a link.)
Tales and Tails is my favorite blog to read (outside of our "Blogville" blogs). Ms. Taleteller has a wonderful writing style which evokes laughter, tears and, occasionally, both at the same time! Also, the wonderful relationship she shares with her greyhound, Bunny, reminds me so much of the one I share with Dory.
The blog I have learned the most in 2015 is My GBGV Life. Emma is the most professional Blog Hostess I know. I hope to one day train Arty to be just as professional.
7. What resources do you rely on to enhance your technical, writing, photography, social media, or other skills that improve your blog?
Blog Paws has been a very good resource for most of the above skills. I also find participating in a few Flickr groups has helped to keep my photography skills honed!
8. What is the best piece of advice you can offer other bloggers?
Make sure to have fun! Your readers will notice when it's just not fun anymore.
9. What is your vision for your blog in 2016? Do you have specific goals?
I will be concentrating more on my photography this year so my posts and reviews will be more photo intensive. Going along with this, I hope to be more active in social media, especially Instagram and Facebook.
I also hope to continue to bring the Blogville Community together, both through online Blogville community events both online, and meeting fellow bloggers "in the furs"!
10. You have the attention of the pet blogging community – is there one blogging challenge you’d like help with, or one aspect of your blog that you’d like input on?
How does everyone manage their social media? Do you schedule it through a third party scheduler, schedule it manually or post it on a real time basis???
Thanks again to Amy over at Take Paws for coordinating this wonderful chance to review 2015
and look forward to 2016