Happy Grateful Thursday Efurrybody!!!
Today we, the Dogkateers, are grateful for the Austin Dog Alliance!! They do all kind of things to help other doggies AND peoples too!! Here are some of the things they do, Mama says it is their mishun statment!
- Promote the valuable role of pet therapy in our community
- Implement animal assisted programs in nursing homes, hospitals and rehabilitation centers
- Enhance student reading skills by utilizing Bow Wow Reading Dog pet therapy teams at schools and libraries
- Provide a variety of fun and educational programs designed to build self-esteem and teach children to love and respect dogs
- Provide programs for children and their families who are affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder and other special learning needs
- Provide professional and positive dog training classes
- Carefully place rescued dogs into forever homes
The most important thing that we are grateful for besides all that stuff up there is that they had a fundraiser at this place.....where Jakey and I got to go and meet new friends and I got to do AGILITIES!!!
Here are Me and Jakey headed out...YAY for bye-bye!!!
We met some VERY big gentle giants like these two beauties.....
Jakey made friends with this pretty girl, a GSD just like Anna!!!
..and we met a puppy that looks just like Teddy Bear and Sierra
and this is Moby a most beautiful Labradoodle!! Moby has a nose JUST LIKE JACOB...but his is lots smaller. That is because Jakey is part poodle like Moby and part Lhasa like me!!
But the most fun OF ALL was.....
I got to do AGILITIES for the very first time!!!
It was a little bit scary at first....
Daddy gets kisses for keeping me safe!!
The tunnel was a little scary but after a few treats....
TA-DA Easy Peasy!!!! I am a pro at it...Mama says it is amazing what a few cookies do for my courage!!
We had a great time!! Jacob didn't so much want to do agilities with me. Mostly because he is shy, but he had fun making friends! Thank you to the Zoom Room and Austin Dog Alliance for hosting this FUN party!!!
Before we left we wanted to wish our friend Sugar a very Happy Barkday (it was yesterday). Mama did NOT write it in the bloggie book and forgot to post our Birthday Smileys for her....so here they are today...
Happy Birthday Sugar!!!