We know it's early, but we want to make sure you save the dates
for these fun Halloween activities!!
As most of you know, October is "Adopt a Shelter Pet" month!!
Last year we decided, since Dad says no more anipals quite yet, we would think about what else we could do for Shelter Pets. That's when we decided from now on Halloween would mean;
No Tricks, Just Treats for Shelters!
This year we will be holding our Second Annual Blog Hop/Fundraiser from October 28th thru October 30th(Friday through Sunday). We will be donating $1 for everyone who links up to the hop with your Halloween post letting us know how you have helped (or plan on helping) a shelter near you! That's right, just show us how you are enjoying Halloween and how you helped (or are going to help) a shelter near you and link up to the hop.
Here are some ideas for helping:
First of all, if you are looking for a new pet, consider adopting a Shelter or Rescue Organization Pet!!
1. It is starting to get cold outside, gather up and donate any old blankies, towels and sheets to your local shelter.
2. Next time your Mama is buying you foodables, ask her to pick up an extra bag (or a few extra cans) to donate to your local shelter.
3. Do you have a toy maybe you didn't like, but some other doggy might, put it in a pile to donate to a shelter.
4. Many shelters have "wish lists" on their websites. Check and see if your shelter has one and see if there is anything you or your peeps might have around the house you can donate.
5. Do you know about Amazon Smile? Every time you make an eligible purchase from Amazon Smile a portion of the proceeds goes to the charity of your choice. Click HERE to learn more!
6. One of the ways we are helping is by donating $1 for every link to the Treats for Shelters Blog Hop along with 50 cents for every comment here at Dory's Backyard from October 28th through October 30th to the Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter (where we adopted Arty and Jakey).
that's not all!!!!
I, Arty, along with Dory and Jakey, are hosting a
Blogville Halloween Pawty!!!
There will be "Bobbing for Cookies", A Blogville Hayride, and even a spooky Halloween Corn Maze!!!
Send your pictures to our Assistant (aka Mama) by October 24th!
They can be of you dressed up for real...or with Pizap
You can take your chances by sending a picture and letting us dress you up!!
Feel free to take a badge and help spread the word!!
Stay tune for more information on these cool events
as we get closer!!!